Friday, December 2, 2011

How many days do you take off before running a half marathon?

Running a my first half marathon on the 21st of Aug. Me and my brother are debating how many days to take off from running before the race.|||I would taper the week before. Do maybe 5-6 miles the week before, then do a few maintenance runs the week of, like 3-4 miles. The last run you should do is Thursday, 19 August. Go out and take a nice easy 2-3 mile run, at 9:00 pace or slower if you're fast.|||So much depends on your age. At 40 I generally recover and am fully rested in about 4 days. I am guessing you are younger and can probably be ready with 2 full days of rest. But the couple of days before the rest should be somewhat easy.





Even before a race I still run an easy mile the day before, just to help me focus mentally and because I get so ancy when I don't run.|||i went to a xc camp that was 5 days and they (i didn't get to run it) ran it on the last day. and we would usualy run twice a day. but to do ur best at a race it takes 72 hours to fully recover from a HARD workout so probably2 days

No comments:

Post a Comment