Friday, December 2, 2011

How soon after running a marathon (minutes wise) can i drink an energy drink without throwing up?

I need to do a leaflet for 1st time marathon runners and this is one of the questions... :D|||Hi.I did my first 1/2 marathon on Sept 18th which was 13.10 miles. Only one time during the race did I drink Gatorade. I thought it was going to be water,but it was not. I choose to drink water after that.You can drink something light like Gatorade and it should not make you vomit.|||Considering that virtually all organised marathons provide water and sports drinks to drink while you are running the race, then you can take a drink straight afterwards. From personal experience though drinking a sports drink can be about 5 minutes after the finish of an organised run or race because you have to go through the finish funnel and other formalities to get to a drink.





A marathon is not so much about running as hard as you can that you need to throw up it is more about the constant and consistent effort for the 26 miles, and at a lower effort that what should make you throw up if you drink.|||If the energy drink is Gatoraide or Poweraid then pretty soon. They will really help give back everything you just ran off. So just make sure you feel okay and then SLOWLY sip the drink.|||I would not drink an energy drink, but most people can drink water or gatorade immediately after running.


It depends on you are your stomach.|||Depends on the person. I've got a friend that immediately goes and knocks back a 30 rack when he finishes a marathon. Some other people might need to wait a couple hours.|||I might be wrong but I am fairly shure that u can drink one as soon as you have got your breath back|||i want to say when u get ur breath back...bt it just depends on the person

No comments:

Post a Comment