Friday, December 2, 2011

What equipment should I buy to help me train for a mini marathon?

I have a small child so I don't want to take her out in the cold while I walk or run outside. I'm trying to train for a mini marathon in October. I also need to lose about 50 lbs. Any suggestions on fitness equipment? I'm not looking for a diet, just fitness equipment suggestions. Thanks.|||I would get a manual treadmill. The neat thing is they can be folded and put away when not in use. Works great.|||long bouncy treadmill|||Why don't you want to take her outside? Get a good quality jogging stroller, dress her up warmly, and go for it. Most high quality strollers have an enclosure to keep the child out of the elements. Since you aren't going to be running your mini-marathon until Oct., you have all summer to train so it won't be cold anyway. As far as equipment is concerned, a pair of dumbells for some weight training will help you lose weight faster than just running. Go to your local high school or college and do some speed work on the track as well. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment