Friday, December 2, 2011

How do you train for a marathon?

I can't even run 1.5 miles without stopping to walk. How do I build endurance and be able to run longer? I am wanting to train for a marathon, so any tips are appreciated. |||keep building endurance, it's your best friend and it will build quickly if you work at it. Three months ago I was running 0.8 miles and I am now running 5 miles every other day. I worked my way up to it, and now I am working on my stride and speed. Once it's good, I'll add more distance.





My best advice for you, from a beginner to a beginner,


-work on endurance!


When you think you're ready, enter a local 5k (3.1 miles) race. Look for the title "fun run". This lets you know they are more focused on the cause for the run (breast cancer, homeless animals, etc..) than who's fastest. Once you're a 5k master, run a 10k, then work up to a 1/2 marathon and so on.





It takes time! I would love to run a marathon some day! |||Run, run, and oh yeah, run. The only thing you can do to get better at running is to run,lol. Eat better foods, which will also help with your endurance. But really, the only thing you can do is run, and you will gradually see your endurance climb.|||Hi Hispanic





it is all about discipline... Read "runner's word" articles about training


http://www.runnersworld.com/channel/0,71鈥?/a>





I was a couch potato 4 years ago... in less that 2 weeks i'm running my 4th marathon, and in january my 5th





Try to find a runners group in your area, it is fun and you get a lot of feedback





cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment