Friday, December 2, 2011

What are some ideas to get motivated to train for a marathon?

I have a marathon coming up in two months. My last long run was about three weeks ago, ten miles; and my weekday runs have been few and far between. I live in Texas where the heat and humidity is brutal, even early in the morning. Running more than a few miles on a treadmill is just as brutal. I need something to really get me motivated to pick up my training again, but can't think of anything. Are there any suggestions out there?|||if your up early training think of all the people who aren't even awake yet. Just think about standing on the podium with a huge trophy. all you have to do is get up and get out. I don't know how experienced you are but if not at all then train for a shorter race and work your way up. I'm guessing your a bit more experienced so think of all the things that you could be if you weren't a runner (fat,unhealthy, high blood pressure, etc).|||Maybe you need to rethink your goals and do a marathon once you have solid training under your belt. A ten miler is not enough.|||Maybe a marathon isn't for you. Maybe you'd enjoy a triathlon more? Training is tough and sometimes you fall into a slump but you shouldn't be having this much trouble. Reconsider your goals.|||Somebody else's motivation isn't going to motivate you. If you are not motivated to run a marathon do something you do find challenging. I wanted to run a marathon, has some serious setbacks, and still did it because I felt at the time if I didn't I never would. I barely made it under 6 hours but I finished because I was motivated to.

No comments:

Post a Comment