Friday, December 2, 2011

I want to get pregnant and I am training for a marathon - should I start trying?

The marathon I am training for is at the end of October, but my husband and I would like to try to get pregnant starting in September. If we get pregnant in the first month, there is a chance that I will be running a marathon while 6 weeks pregnant. Is this stupid? Or does it even matter since the likelihood of getting pregnant on the first try is not that high? I don't want to give up on the marathon because I have been training for over a year. I would love a doctor's opinion on this.


I am 30 (almost 31) years old, in genarally good health, and have an extremely regular period. Do you have any advice for me?|||While exercise is encouraged during the pregnancy, running a marathon would be a bad idea. High body temperature and/or dehydration can be fatal to your baby.





Please also realize that your body will go through many changes - 6 weeks will be enough for you to notice them. If you will start having "morning" sickness, your body will have a hard time retaining nutrients, so that is something else to consider, as well as the fact that immune system is weakened by pregnancy, so inflammations and respiratory ailments tend to be very common.


Avoid sick people and contaminated food/water.





Here is a good link about risks and benefits of running when pregnant - it suggests it's OK, even good for both of you - IF DONE IN MODERATION. Marathon... may be not.








Good luck to you,


Father to be (soon).|||training for a marathon and trying to conceive don't really mix . . . what you are putting your body thru for the marathon isn't the greatest for early pregnancy . . wait until after the marathon to try . . one month isn't going to hurt to wait|||well i think you should wait till after the marathon because if not you could get hurt while training or something and the baby might come out with some weird side affects|||Training and running the marathon should be fine should you get pregnant. At 6 weeks, you may have morning sickness really bad, so you may not physically feel like running. There is a chance you could get pregnant right away, especially since you are young and very regular. You may want to wait until October to try to get pregnant.|||finish the marathon|||I have known woman that have gotten pregnant and have been In pro sports.


Doctors advice Is good but I would look to the woman that play pro sports that are haveing children


In Conneticut (I dont remember her name)we had a pro basketball player have children(talk about jumping around)


I have heard of tennis players etc


My sister Inlaw used to be an Instructer and did exercise classes etc up till she was 7 months pregnant.


I would look to the athetes rather then the doctors|||first of all, yeah, ask your dr...





but i'm sure he'll say that as long as you're careful, and that you're training before you try to conceive, then everything should be fine.|||MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST WAIT UNTIL AFTER YOU RUN THE MARATHON IS OVER.YOU DON'T WANT TO RISK THE CHANCE OF MISCARRYING IF YOU DO BECOME PREGNANT.|||Go to your doctor.|||my opinion personally, is to wait until after the marathon to start conceiveing. it might be better to wait so there's so risks of hurting the baby.|||My sister in law has lost 4 babies in early pregnancy seemingly just because she's a marathon runner.





She's super fit - but pregnancy isn't designed to undergo so much stress. Don't risk a wanted baby for the sake of a month or two.





Hope the marathon goes well - then I hope you're baby planning goes well.|||wait..because..if you work otu too much or something..your baby will die..wait till the marathon is over and studies show that when people want to get preg , they dont and wen they dunt wanna , they do|||no it's not stupid. but i think u should wait until after the marathon to get pregnant. reason being that you will be thinking about the childs safty while training and thats gonna stress you out. dont worry in gods time he will bless you and your husband with a child

No comments:

Post a Comment