Friday, December 2, 2011

How should i start training for a half marathon?

i have ran the marathon super run for 6 years in a row. and they are very easy for me. 3.0 miles i have ran the relay once and it seemed fine, it wasn't to easy but wasn't to hard. 5.70 miles and im thinking of running the half marathon this year. its still 6 months away... i know that's long away but i want to start training early. what would be the best way to train?|||Runners world has a good 9 week program. But I can't really describe a plan that would be for 6 months. All I can say is to start out small. Why don't you find a 5K plan and then continue on to a 10K plan and then to a half marathon plan. Be sure to plan out timing so you have about 2 weeks extra time with the plans. I always like to have a little extra time because then if something comes up and your week of running didn't turn out the way you plan or something happens then you can do the week over. I really like to have the plans all set because I can't really make excuses for myself. I tell myself that I have to finish the day of running and it is already set of how many miles to run instead of just going out there and running and in your head saying well... 2 miles is enough for today. Also, BREAKS. You need atleast 2 rest days during the week. I used to run 5 miles a day and it got me no where. I never ran faster or anything because I gave myself no time to build up my muscles and recover. I then did the 10K plan on runnersworld.com and now I am doing the ultimate half marathon plan on runnersworld.com It is so much better. I love it!!! and strongly recommend it. I have gained up endurance and these plans are made by the pros!








Good luck!!!|||A half marathon is 13.1 miles, so you want to be getting some long distance in. I'm not sure what the course is like, but it would probably be a good idea to do some hill work, it will make the flat sections of the course that much easier if you are used to hills. Mix up your workouts try to get 3 hard workouts a week and two mild ones, and if you absolutely have to you can take a day off. |||Practice Makes Perfect .


Start Off Running As Soon As Possible .


Train For All These 6 Months . Try not to miss a day .


By The Time You're There You'll Be The Best Runner In That Marathon and I'm SURE ! .


You Just Need Determination . and Discipline .


Never Miss A Day .


One Day Will Lead To Another .


Good Luck ! .


|||www.runnersworld.com





It has a section called "smart coach" that can get you where you want to be. You choose how fast you want to go and how many weeks you want to train for etc. You can also log all your runs on the website and keep track of your runs, times distance etc etc etc. Great site!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment