Friday, December 2, 2011

Is it possible to run half marathon with only 2 weeks of training?

I run 3 to 4 times a week for 6 miles. This is my 3rd year running a marathon. I've never ran a half this early in the year and just want to see how I would perform without any training. Is there any program I can do for the next 2 weeks?|||Definitely it is possible. Try to increase your mileage everytime you run. One of my friends decided she wanted to run the half-marathon with me and without any training. She ran the whole thing, which is always a positive.|||Its possible, but your risking some injuries for doing too much too soon. The proper way to train is to allow time to increase your base miles by 10% per week. But if you've ran 1/2 marathons before, give it a try, maybe take walk breaks (do 10minutes run, 1minute walk, repeat) this will help you. The shortest 1/2 marathon training programs I've seen is 8 weeks. Try next week your long run to be 7-8 miles and the week after 10-11 miles. Make sure you ice your sore muscles for 10 minutes 3x/day and take advil to keep the muscles inflamation/soreness down. Take rest days to help repair and restore your muscles. Stretch after your runs.





Good luck!|||I would say you could. You sound like you are in very good shape. Just pace yourself. As for the training, I would try and run everyday but not as far, you don't want to wear your body out. Good luck at the marathon.|||prolly I ran a 5k with no training at all and got fourth

No comments:

Post a Comment