Friday, December 2, 2011

How can you train yourself for a 5K marathon?

I am 15 years old, and there is this marathon coming up that I really want to do. I love to run and have been doing it for a while. I have never ran a marathon, though. Do you have any tips or things I can do to get myself ready?





There is also a 10 mile one, and I was thinking about that too. I'm not sure yet but please if you have any information at all, I would love to know!|||If you've been running regularly, then you may be just about ready to run 5K, which 3.1 miles. be sure to run 3-5 miles atleast twice a week. Throw in a day or two for resting. The other days run 2-3 miles for basic training. There's no magic way to prepare for a race. |||First off a 5k is 3.1 miles, a marathon is 26.2. Big difference. If you've been running for a while you can probably do a 5k now. 10 miles might take some work. Just increase your mileage gradually until you reach 10 or 12 miles, how fast you get there depends on how long until your race. At 15 you're too young for a marathon, most won't let you sign up until you're 18.|||Unless you are a very experienced runner I wouldn't recommend you doing a Marathon. The most you should do now is a half marathon. |||run everyday, and at least 2 miles farther so you will have some extra stamina to sprint in the finish

No comments:

Post a Comment