Thursday, November 24, 2011

What would be the biking equivalent to running a marathon?

How many miles of biking and at what speed would be the equivalent of running a marathon? Say, an average speed for both, in terms of effort it would take to do it?|||I compete in several triathlons every year. I know several people that ride at least a 100 miles every day, but I don't know anyone that runs a marathon everyday. It's hard to compare the two because they are completely different sports. Running is incredibly stressful on the body while cycling is not.





I would say that running a marathon would be the equivalent of gaining 2000 ft in elevation over a hundred miles.|||Probably riding a century (100 miles). A brisk pace for 100 miles would take around six hours, depending on terrain.|||you must know some pretty epic people dan


the head mechanic at my shop rides 75miles a day and thats very hard to keep up


100 seems almost impossible

No comments:

Post a Comment