Saturday, November 19, 2011

What is the best way to train for a marathon in less than 60 days?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can best prepare for a marathon in 60 days?





I know it's possible and I'm comfortable preparing for a half marathon in two weeks from no training. Any fitness guru's out there that can steer me in the right direction?|||WOW! very ambitious. I wish you all the best luck here.





What is your present fitness level? How far and long can you run now? Have you run a marathon previously? half marathon? How recently?





I have fun a few marathons and half marathons. I am not an guru. I know from those outings that I am never going to make a real marathoner out myself. I prepared for about a year for my first attempt. And did not do very well. I did better the second time around with only about 6 months preparation.





You might try a 60 minute/ 5-6 miler run to start. If that is no problem, the next day do a 90 minute run. You need to get to 120 minutes and cover 10-12 miles. If you can't get there in the first couple of weeks, then I am going to say you will have a hard time even with the half marathon. By day 30, you need to be comfortable with doing a 10 mile run at least once or twice a week. Then you have to push up to 20 miles shortly after that. By the 45-50th day, you need to run the whole thing thing. The last 7-10 days take much shorter runs, save your legs for the big day.





Get a few running magazines. they have articles very regularly that might help you. Don't get discouraged if you can't get ready in 60 days. That is a HUGE challenge. Even if you prepared for 6 months, it would still be a big challenge. Best regards. I hope you have a great run.|||well just go to the GYM|||run... run and run some more....|||I run but i've never done a marathon. I'd suggest looking up some sites online that have gradual training plans (ie http://www.runwindsor.com/prepare.htm but that one is for a half marathon in 70 days). I would just try and find a program and push yourself in increments, and remember that endurance requires more mental ability than physical activity. Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment