Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do you train to run a marathon?

I really want to run a marathon but the problem is I can't run. It's funny because I work out all the time and do a lot of Yoga but I still have problems running. I mostly do Yoga daily and do 30 minutes of Eliptical. I tried running but I start breathing so hard in the first 1 minute. It only happens when I run. How do I train to run a marathon? Thanks!|||You need more endurance training. Doing yoga or working out on an eliptical won't help. These are good cross training exercises. To actually start training for any run, you should try running on a treadmill first and get used to it. I would aim to complete 3 miles first and then think about training for a marathon. There are lots of training programs out there for 3 miles.





hope that helps,


elaine


http://www.truerunning.com|||You start off by walking long distance and than you jog slowly than you start to run like a half a mile. I would recommend you to start off jogging. I used to be that way and now I run 8 miles almost everyday :D

No comments:

Post a Comment