Saturday, November 19, 2011

I am training for a marathon and need to have a radical hysterectomy. How long will recovery take?

My third biopsy is Tuesday to see if lymph nodes will be taken out as well. I am training for a marathon, and am worried my training will be majorly effected. I know the surgery is most important, but I am hoping to start running as soon as 3 weeks after surgery. I can ask Dr., but can't wait to find out. Anyone have advise for quicker recovery?|||I would suggest to not trust anyone on yahoo answers for a question like this. Wait until you talk to your doctor. hearing some answers from us isn't going to be correct.|||3 weeks may be ok, however it could take up to 2 months.|||I think that 3 weeks might be a little soon. The biggest thing that you are going to notice is a lack of energy. If you run too soon and use your energy for that your body isn't going to have the energy you need to heal. I had an surgery for endomitrosis and it took a solid 6 weeks before I could run. Maybe you'll recover faster, but 3 weeks seems too fast. Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment