Saturday, November 19, 2011

How long after first marathon should I wait to do another one?

I just did the half marathon but my boyfriend did the full and I would like to do a full. The thing is I want him to do the full with me but I am wondering how long should we wait for him to be able to do another full? We ran these races yesterday.|||You should ask him that. If he is an experienced runner and has done a lot of marathons, he'll be ok in a month or two.





If he's new to long distance races, he should wait two weeks of resting before any kind of running workout again. Then run slow and easy (2-3miles every other day.) The 2nd month he should be ok to start regular running.





The long run is the most important for surviving the distance. You should be doing that now to stay ahead of him. On Sat. each week add one mile to your run. Slowly build up to going far.|||When you feel fit enough to do one, I know people who've ran marathons a day after the other.|||2 months|||25MINUTES|||i run 10 miles a day once your used to it recovery time is a lot shorter then if you only run 3 times a week....it all depends on the person.

No comments:

Post a Comment