Thursday, November 24, 2011

How can I protect my joints while training for a half marathon?

I am training for my first ever half marathon, which will take place at the end of September. I've had some knee injuries in the past, which are sometimes aggravated by running. I've only had a small number of knee-related issues in the past year, but my coach (for another sport) is very concerned that I will develop a lasting injury with all of the running training.





What can I do to help protect my knees, and prevent injury during my training?|||I use Condroitin (1200 mg) Glucosamine (1500 mg). It's helg support healthy cartilege and reduces swelling. In addition strength training helps - leg extensions and leg curls, squats, lunges, and leg presses.|||Load up on vitamins. Joint supplements like glucosamine work very well but keep in mind that they aren't fast acting and may take a few weeks to fully kick in so take them as soon as possible. Also, make sure you wear soft supportive running shoes so the pressure wont affect your knees as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment