Thursday, November 24, 2011

What is a good book for information on marathon training/nutrition?

I'm running a marathon in May 2010 and I'm looking for a good source for information on training and nutrition. This is going to be my first marathon and I'm worried about getting the proper balance of nutrition while I train. I've found some great training schedules and advice online, but I would like something more in-depth.|||Sports Nutrition for Endurance Athletes by Monique Ryan is a great book for nutrition. It might be more than you want for a first marathon, but if you're starting this far out, should ultimately provide the info you need and you've got time to go through it, jump around in what you read, etc.





And as far as training for your first, hopefully you're able to keep your primary goal as completion....

No comments:

Post a Comment